Dignity and Choice
On The Rise helps women manage the day-to-day struggles of life when they do not have a stable and safe home to call their own. Dignity and choice are central to On The Rise's provision of tangible necessities.
On The Rise’s Safe Haven is open six days a week including most holidays and is located in a beautiful Victorian home. From this house, women have access to tangible essentials for living including:
- day-time shelter from the environment,
- breakfast and lunch,
- a private shower,
- computer and internet access,
- quiet space to nap and read,
- an address to receive mail,
- access to laundry,
- limited storage space for belongings, and
- small cash allotments to address a specific need.