An Excellent Place to Work
On The Rise's Management Team and Board of Directors are committed to running a secure, stable organization with a strong infrastructure.
On The Rise strives to be a premier provider of services and an excellent place to work. Every member of On The Rise’s 15-person staff is integral to achieving our mission. When opportunities arise, we will post them on this website and on www.idealist.org.
On The Rise creates a community where women have the relationships, safety and resources they need to move out of homelessness. We engage with those most in need and support their initiative and strength as they move beyond crisis and discover new possibilities.
On The Rise is a community-based organization with 15 employees and an annual budget of approximately $1M, from private philanthropy (80%) and government contracts (20%). On The Rise is committed to excellence, innovation and continuing evolution. We are committed to providing highly accountable and responsive programming and being an excellent place to work.
The Operations Manager role is an opportunity for an experienced administrative professional to work at a managerial level in a part-time (32 hours per week) schedule. The organization is in a period of growth and change, and seeks an individual with a systems focus who can elevate On The Rise’s operational practices in ways that add efficiency and support growth. The Operations Manager supervises two full-time Operations Associates responsible for the essential administrative functions of the organization, and manages/coordinates: an external bookkeeping service, an outsourced IT company, a payroll service, a cleaning service, and other contracted services. The position reports to the Executive Director. Due to the broad scope of responsibilities, the Operations Manager also has a “dotted line” reporting relationship with the Director of Programs and works closely with the Safe Haven Manager.
- Lead/manage purchasing and maintaining inventory of needed supplies and services for all aspects of the organization (programs, offices, facility, etc.)
- Coordinate purchasing with Development function to optimize donated goods and services
- Supervise and review bookkeeping, cash receipts and disbursements, and account reconciliations
- Perform government contract billing and grant reporting
- Manage budget, cash flow and internal financial controls
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Annual audit preparation
- Support senior management team in financial planning, forecasting, budgeting
Facility and Office
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of property and workspaces in >100-year-old Victorian house. Space includes offices, heavily-used program space, utility & storage areas, yard/garden, and parking area – as well as structures and equipment like handicapped-accessible lift and home appliances – as well as office and building systems like HVAC, electrical, plumbing, phone, computer network and irrigation
- Supervise 2 staff responsible for office administration, supplies and office systems, administrative support for program activities, etc.
- Recommend, negotiate, implement, and supervise capital projects and facility-related contracts and services
- Facilitate and document recruitment, new hires, separations, and other changes in employment status
- Initiate and manage payroll processing
- Coordinate staff trainings and recreational events
- Manage and administer employee benefits
- Develop, implement, maintain employment policies
Contracts and Insurance and Risk Management
- Monitor/manage insurance coverage to ensure adequate risk management
- Oversee compliance with legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, government contracts, facilities, etc.
- Oversee and maintain technology systems, including internal policy, hardware, software and staff training
- Supervise the collection, recording, and basic reporting of program data
- Develop, test and implement practices for improving and maintaining data quality
- Support senior staff in further developing data analysis and reporting
- Like all OTR employees, the Operations Manager will be flexible and open to “pitching in” as needed with other duties that arise in the course of a 15-employee organization’s operations
- Like all OTR employees, the Operations Manager is expected to strive to continuously increase skills and competence, e.g. taking advantage of opportunities for professional networking, continuing education and coaching.
- Commitment to On The Rise’s mission and programmatic approach
- BS in accounting and minimum 5 years of related work experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and QuickBooks required. High degree of comfort with technology and online applications needed (PC environment)
- Ability to work as a member of a team while maintaining independent discipline
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a diverse environment, with openness to new learning and perspectives
- Sense of humor. Dynamic, engaging and creative. Some direct service experience or exposure to homeless/trauma a plus
How To Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Martha.email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject header.