Coordinate A Moving Home Drive
You can coordinate a drive to collect basic household items for a woman as she moves into her new apartment. With your help, she can get settled a little more quickly and continue to work on the challenges that surround her.
To get started, contact Keyton Sheely, Development & Engagement Coordinator at 617-497-7968 x36 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Home Drive FAQs:
What is a Moving Home Drive?
- A Moving Home Drive is a way to support a newly housed woman and collect basic household items for her to help her become settled as she enters this new journey.
What should I buy?
- We will send you a wishlist of the woman you are supporting, as well as a bio of her.
I don't think I can buy everything, what should I do?
- Moving Home Drives don't need to be completed by one person. A family, a group of friends, colleagues, religious group or club/organization can sponsor a woman together, and each person can buy an item off her list!
Where do I deliver her items?
341 Broadway! As a volunteer, you will work with our Development Coordinator, Keyton Sheely, to schedule a delivery date to On The Rise. Our staff will then deliver the items to the woman.
What kind of items make up a woman's wishlist?
- Each wishlist includes general household items and small appliances, not furniture. Click here to see sample wishlists of women who have already moved into housing. This will give you an idea as to what women need when they move.
Are gently used items alright?
- We ask that all items be new.
When do items need to be delivered?
- We typically ask that completed drives be delivered to 341 Broadway within 3 weeks, but our Development Coordinator, Keyton Sheely, is happy to work with your schedule if that time doesn't work.
I have something not on her wishlist. Can I still give it?
- If you have additional items or extras of anything, please let us know before bringing it to On The Rise so we can find out if they are wanted/needed.
Can I provide a gift card so an item can be purchased?
- Yes! We welcome gift cards to home stores so a woman can purchase items herself to supplement missing items from her list.