EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK
n The Rise’s Management Team and Board of Directors
are committed to running a secure, stable organization with
a strong infrastructure. On The Rise strives to be a premier
provider of services and an excellent place to work. Every
member of On The Rise’s 13-person staff is integral
to achieving our mission.
When opportunities arise, we will post them on this website and on www.idealist.org.
On The Rise creates a community where women have the relationships, safety and resources they need to move out of homelessness. We engage with those most in need and support their initiative and strength as they move beyond crisis and discover new possibilities.
On The Rise is a community-based organization with 13 employees and an annual budget of approximately $1M, from private philanthropy (80%) and government contracts (20%). On The Rise is committed to excellence, innovation and continuing evolution. We are committed to providing highly accountable and responsive programming and being an excellent place to work.
Operations Associate 2
Entry level position for responsible, articulate, compassionate individual with good phone skills, internet/tech savvy, proficiency in MS Windows (network experience a plus) and MS Office: Word, Excel. This organized, reliable individual must be able to independently manage details and multiple projects/deadlines. Knowledge, experience of homelessness and trauma services a plus.
Normal work hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday-Friday; occasional evening and weekend workdays are required with advance notice. This position works in parallel with Operations Associate 1 and reports to the Executive Director. This position will transition to reporting to a newly-hired Operations Manager in the near future.
Office – shared duties with Ops Assoc 1
- Answer telephones and handle inquiries, messages, etc. Maintain telephone log
- Assist program participants with access to office & administrative infrastructure as appropriate – using phones, sending and receiving mail and faxes, making copies, performing internet searches, etc.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Provide light administrative support for all staff: copying, drafting letters, posting job vacancies, making signs, assisting with special projects
- Coordinate schedule within Operations team to balance office/phone coverage with time for other duties
Program support – shared duties with Ops Assoc 1
- Data entry for database of program activity logs (Apricot)
- Responsible for weekly & monthly purchasing of food and program supplies
- Manage organizational communications between On The Rise and program participants as guided by Advocacy Team – signs and schedules.
- Administer and track programs’ disbursement of discretionary funds and gifts for women.
- Attend advocacy team meetings
- Support program activities as guided by Advocacy Team. Plan and stage program events (parties, holidays, community activities, etc.) and office events (parties, meetings, trainings, etc.)
- Manage on-site storage for program participants, as guided by Advocacy Team
- Occasionally, as needed, stand in for Community Advocates by directly staffing Safe Haven
Human resources related tasks
- Initiate recognition of staff birthdays and anniversaries
- Track and log employee time sheets and vacation
- Support senior staff in collecting staff benefit-enrollment details as needed
- Generate monthly reporting of staff time sheet summaries for grant/contract reporting and management
Supplies and storage
- Responsible for purchasing, distributing and maintaining needed level of program, office and building supplies, managing purchasing budget and submitting documentation to accounting
- Organize and maintain on-site and off-site storage areas – supplies (office and custodial or building-related), files (including archiving aged files to off-site location), tools
- Maintain and supply office equipment – printers, copier, fax machine, etc.
- Support Development team in soliciting donated program supplies (clothing, toiletries, housewares, etc.), and accepting, organizing, storing and distribut5ing appropriately
Other program support
- Responsible for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data entry, for all program activity data into database; create and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and summaries in Excel
- Manipulate program data in Excel and other software, exploring data for correlations of interest and developing new reporting
- Schedule and coordinate program collaborations with third-party service providers – classes, housing search, personal services, etc.
- Maintain advocacy team’s supplies of forms, intake packets, log pages etc.
- Maintain communication with Program Director and Advocates to appropriately interact with program participants (report phone communications and get feedback from Program Director and Advocates)
- Create program reports as needed for management and funder reporting
- Like all employees, Operations Associate 2 will be flexible and open to “pitching in” as needed with other duties that arise in the course of the organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Like all employees, the Operations Associate 2 is expected to strive to continuously increase skills and competence: e.g. taking advantage of opportunities for professional networking and continuing education.