Each year, the generosity of individuals and groups who give in-kind donations keeps us stocked with in-season clothing, travel-size toiletries and other essential items that are so important to help women as they transition from surviving on the streets to living in the community. For your generosity, thank you!
Donation Drop-off Times
You may drop-off your donations to On The Rise, 341 Broadway in Cambridge on:
- Mondays & Thursdays from 2-4PM (not on holidays), or by appointment. Kindly do not leave donations at the door.
- Please contact Taylor Bartley at (617) 497-7968 x36.
Clothing and Other Necessities
Seasonal, casual women’s clothing and travel-size toiletries are items that are always needed by the women at On The Rise. But over the course of a year, the tangible essentials we need changes as the season changes. In winter a few common requests are hats, gloves, cough drops and Kleenex; in summer it may be water bottles, sun block and bug spray. We rely on the efforts of volunteer groups to run drives to help stock us with these small but meaningful items that we can hand out to our women. Round up friends, co-workers or members of groups with which you’re affiliated and ask them to pitch in! Current needs: click here to see what tangible requests homeless women have this time of year.
To affirm the dignity and value of the women we serve, we can only accept items that are clean and in excellent condition. We always need in-season casual women’s clothing. We also currently need:
- multi-packs of new underwear, bras (all sizes)
- multi-packs of new socks (mid-calf length)
- water repellent boots
- working umbrellas
- water bottles
- flashlights and whistles
For hygiene and convenience, toiletries must be new and unopened. Small, travel sizes are preferred:
- hair products for all hair types (we are currently in need of hair conditioner and shampoo for women of color)
- band aids
- lip balm/chapstick
- tampons & sanitary napkins
- bug spray
- hair elastics, combs & brushes
- hair spray & hair gel (in particular, hair products for women of color)
- toothpaste (small tubes) & toothbrushes, floss
- pocket-size tissues
- * we do not accept razors or products with alcohol like mouthwash
If you have donations of clothing that do not match our needs or are out-of-season, please consider making a delivery to the clothing bin located at the back of the parking lot at the Prospect Street Whole Foods. The items will be delivered to Second Chances, a local organization that supports homeless and lower income individuals.
On The Rise regretfully declines donations of furniture. Please contact your local furniture bank to see if they can accept your items.
Tickets to Local Activities
On The Rise is in search of tickets or passes to special events in and around Boston to take women on cultural and fun-filled day-trips. If you have extras to share, please let us know.
For Special Occasions
- $25 gift cards to Target
- $10 gift cards to Shaws, Star Market, Market Basket
- $20 gift certificates for haircuts, i.e. Super Cuts
- $5 Charlie Cards