Our mission is to create a community where women have the relationships, safety, and resources they need to move out of homelessness. We engage with those most in need and support their initiative and strength as they move beyond crisis and discover new possibilities.
On The Rise was founded on the idea that dependable relationships catalyze healing and transformation. We commit to relationships with chronically homeless women that are long-term and relevant to their entire life experience. Our programmatic model is effective at truly reaching and helping homeless women because it offers a long-term relational approach that focuses on the whole person. From the most tangible needs, to deep, meaningful change, On The Rise helps nearly 450 women each year.
- Each day, an average of 35 women access breakfast, lunch, clothing, showers, computers phones, mail, laundry, quiet space, and when appropriate cash or gift cards to address a specific need.
Respond to Crises
- Each year, On The Rise staff respond to over 200 requests to help women find emergency shelter, receive immediate medical attention, and create a safety plan.
- Each year, over 170 women annually work with our staff to resolve at least one major challenge (not including housing/shelter): such as moving out of an abusive household, staying on a medication treatment program, accessing health care, maintaining sobriety, bringing an abuser to justice, clearing up an outstanding warrant, or reuniting with their children/family.
- Each year On The Rise helps an average of 30 women secure and move into their own homes.
Keep The Keys
- Hundreds of On The Rise women have moved into housing since the Keep The Keys Program launched in 2008; 90% of those who have gotten housing and stayed connected with On The Rise during the last three years are still housed today.
CAB HART--Cambridge Arlington Belmont High Risk Assessment and Response Team
Cambridge Healthcare for the Homeless
Cambridge Police Department--Homeless Outreach Team
Cambridge Multidisciplinary Street Outreach Team
Baycove--First Step Outreach Team & CASPAR Emergency Shelter
Full Frame Initiative--Boston Network members
Pine Street Inn - Mission Housed program