On The Rise is located
Cambridge, MA 02139
The building is a large gray Victorian house on the corner
of Inman Street and Broadway.
On The Rise is a short
walk from the Central Square T stop on the Red Line and bus
routes 68, 83, 91, and 64.
From Central Square (map):
- Walk down Mass Ave toward Harvard Square about 2 blocks
and take a right on Inman Street (City Hall is on the corner).
- Walk down Inman about 4 blocks to Broadway. On
The Rise is directly in front of you, on the opposite
side of Broadway. The walk is a little less than half
From Rt. 93/Expressway:
- Take the Storrow Drive exit (if you're coming from the
north, it's a new exit off to the right).
- From Storrow, take the Kendall/Government Center exit
(about 1/4 - 1/2 mile after you get onto Storrow Drive;
it is a left exit).
- After you get onto the exit ramp, get in the right lane;
merge right across the Longfellow Bridge over the Charles
- Keep on the road that took you over the river—that’s
- Go for one mile on Broadway to Prospect Street (traffic
light). There is a Store 24 on one corner and a gas station
across the street.
- If it is not possible to park on the street, then proceed
with directions from Broadway in Cambridge, below.
From Broadway in Cambridge:
(Note that Broadway in Somerville is a different street!)
- On The Rise has a small
parking lot with a driveway on to Inman Street. Inman Street
is one-way toward Broadway, so to reach the parking lot,
you have to turn off Broadway, go around the block, and
approach from the back of the building.
- If coming from the East (say, from Boston), take a right
on to Prospect Street.
- If coming from the West (say, from Somerville), take
a left on to Prospect Street.
- At the next stoplight, take a left onto Hampshire Street.
- At the next stoplight, take a left onto Inman Street
(there’s a jazz bar called Ryles on the corner, with
an awning that looks like a piano keyboard).
- Go almost all the way up to the next light (that is the
corner of Broadway and Inman).
- You will see a parking lot on the left hand side of the
street, about four cars wide, two cars deep, with the back
of a gray house facing the lot. That's On
The Rise's lot and the back of our house. The right
three lanes belong to On The
Rise--pull into one of these three lanes and walk
around to the front of the house (which is on Broadway).
Click the map for a detailed MapQuest map and a set of their